Discover the rich cultural heritage of the Veneto region
- An eight-day tour of the main cities of the north-east of Italy.
- Fly to Venice and travel in your own way in a hire car.
- Spend three nights in Venice and two in Verona to peacefully enjoy these interesting cities.
- What is more, this route also includes other equally-charming cities such as Vicenza and Padua, where you will spend one night each.
- Discover impressive natural sights such as Lake Garda, only a few kilometres from Verona.
- 7 nights in the chosen accommodation
- Return flights (tax included)
- 4 days car rental
- When you are in Venice, visit the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello, in the same lagoon
- One of the most-visited tourist attractions in Verona is, without a doubt, Juliet's house
- In Padua, discover the fantastic Orto Botanico and the impressive Cappella degli Scrovegni, with the celebrated frescos by Giotto
- Padua has one of the oldest universities in Europe, where Galileo studied
- Visit the Veneto website to organise your trip: www.veneto.to
Day 1Flight to Venice.
Arrive at the airport ninety minutes before the scheduled take-off time of your flight to Venice. On arrival, you arrange your transfer to your selected accommodation in Venice. Check-in and the rest of the time free to start to get to know the city of the canals and the gondolas. Spend the night in Venice.
You have two full days (apart from the day of arrival) to get to know Venice. The city is built in the middle of the lagoon on a number of islands and many of its streets are canals. The Piazza di San Marco, the Palazzo Ducale and the cathedral are some of the most outstanding monuments. Walk through, stroll in and enjoy every corner. Few places in the world invite you to lose yourself and make discoveries like Venice. And you should not miss such enchanting corners as the Rialto Bridge and the market of the same name or the lively Jewish quarter. You can take a vaporetto which will take you to some of the other islands in the lagoon such as Murano, famous for its glass production; Burano, with its colourful houses, and Torcello. Spend the night in Venice. Spend the nights in Venice.
Day 4Venice - Verona.
Pick up your hire car which you will use to cover the route through Veneto. A little over an hour's drive away is Verona, one of the most charming towns in Italy. Its streets and squares are ideal to stroll in and discover such spectacular monuments as the Arena (the old Roman amphitheatre) or sights with the magic of the balcony that inspired the famous play "Romeo and Juliet". Spend the night in Verona.
Day 5Excursion to Lake Garda from Verona.
Today, we propose that you enjoy nature and the open air by making a trip in your car to the area of Lake Garda, the largest lake in Italy, in the foothills of the Dolomites. You will find charming villages and plenty of history such as Saló, Gardine, Limone and Sirmione, on a peninsula. Enjoy unique views from the panoramic route of Tremosine, from the Punta di San Vigilio or taking the Monte Baldo cable car. And, of course, take a trip on the lake on board one of the numerous boats which sail on the great lake. Spend the night in Verona.
Day 6Verona - Vicenza.
Continue your route through Veneto in the direction of Vicenza. The city of Vicenza stands out above all for its architecture. The historical centre of the city is in a classical style, with the work of the architect Andrea Paladio standing out; it has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, together with other marvelous mansions built by him, such as the Villa Capra Valmarana and Villa Poiana, both of which are located in spacious and well-tended parks. Spend the night in Vicenza.
Day 7Vicenza - Padua.
The final section of your tour will take you to Padua. This city is closely linked with Saint Anthony of Padua, its patron saint, and the basilica is precisely the most important monument in the city, an impressive mixture of Romanesque, Gothic and Byzantine art. Padua has been an important cultural centre, where you will find one of Europe's oldest universities and in honour of culture and wisdom at Prato della Valle dozens of statues of illustrious persons have been raised making this place unique in the world. Spend the night in Padua.
Day 8Return flight.
Padua is not at all far from Venice airport. But make sure you set off in sufficient time to return your hire car and see to the check-in process for your luggage and embarkation for your return flight. Arrival and end of the trip.
Our prices include return flight tickets and all the supplement taxes such as airpot taxes, fuel surcharge and credit card processing fees.
This is a great option but we do have more. Look for an alternative by clicking on the accommodation.