Enjoy Flanders self-driving
- Travel around at your leisure by hire car, very short distances!
- Spend two days in Brussels and discover the capital of Europe.
- Two nights in Ghent, Flanders’ most authentic city of art.
- One night in Bruges, where time seems to have come to a halt in the Middle Ages.
- One night in Antwerp, Flanders’ main metropolis and diamond capital of the world.
- 7 nights in the chosen accommodation
- Return flights (tax included)
- 5 days car rental
- Plan your trip on the tourist office website.
- In Bruges, stroll through the old town and take a boat trip on the canals.
- In Ghent, visit the medieval port and old town.
- In Brussels, it is well worth visiting the church of Our Blessed Lady of the Sablon. Also highly recommended is a stroll along the famous Rue des Bouchers and a meal of moules-frites (mussels with fries).
- In Antwerp, the central station is ranked among the most beautiful in the world.
- And don’t forget to send the Bedooin team some Godiva chocolates : -)
Day 1Flight to Brussels.
Arrive at the airport 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight to Brussels. Check-in, boarding and scheduled flight departure to Belgium. On arrival, you’ll make your own way to the city centre (or we can arrange it for you). Check in to your hotel in Brussels and spend the remainder of the day discovering the capital of Europe. Night in Brussels.
Enjoy the whole day in Brussels, the city of art nouveau and comics, and the capital of Belgium and Europe. Its old neighbourhoods, rich cultural life, bars and restaurants, where you can enjoy Belgian cuisine, its vibrant nightlife... reasons enough to visit! Don’t miss: the Grand Place surrounded by the Town Hall, the Breadhouse and guildhalls, and the famous “Manneken Pis” statue of a small urinating boy. The Belgian Comic Strip Center (home of the Smurfs, Lucky Luke and Tintin). The Royal District with its gothic Cathedral of St Michael and St Gudula, Sablon (antique shop district), the Royal Palace, the Parliament or National Palace and the Palace of Fine Arts. Night in Brussels. 0 km.
After breakfast, pick up your hire car so that you can discover some places of interest that are further away from the centre. For example, the district that is home to European institutions and Heysel, the location of the Atomium and the Mini-Europe Park. Also on the outskirts of the city is the famous Royal Museum for Central Africa, a testament to Belgium’s imperial past. In the early afternoon, make the short trip to Ghent and check in to your hotel. Make the most of the evening by going out for a stroll and dinner in the charming old town. Night in Ghent. 60 km.
Spend the whole day exploring this beautiful city. You’ll love the history and monuments of Ghent’s old town, the cathedral with its polyptych of the “Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the van Eyck brothers, the beautiful town houses in the old docks and the Castle of the Counts of Flanders. Night in Ghent. 0 km.
In the morning, you’ll leave Ghent for Bruges. It’s a half-hour journey so you’ll have most of the day to explore Bruges, a well-preserved medieval city where time seems to have come to a halt in the Middle Ages. Highly recommended are a boat trip along its canals and visits to Markt and Burg squares, the church with statues by Michelangelo, its museums and the famous béguinages, etc. Night in Bruges. 50 km.
In the morning, make the short one-hour journey to Antwerp, the largest city in Flanders. You’ll have almost the whole day to explore the city and its magnificent cultural heritage (Grote Markt, town hall, cathedral, town houses, etc.). Antwerp also stands out for its art museums and, especially, its works by Rubens. You can visit his house and the city’s Gothic churches containing works of art. And, for a change, the huge port, the historic zoo and, of course, one of the diamond houses. Night in Antwerp. 100 km.
In the morning, finish off visiting sights in Antwerp or head straight off to Brussels and en route take in two of the least known and most beautiful towns in Flanders: Mechelen and Leuven. From Antwerp, it takes about half an hour to get to Mechelen, then a further half an hour to Leuven and finally half an hour to Brussels. Night in Brussels. 85 km.
Day 8Return from Brussels.
Before your flight home, make the most of your final day sightseeing and shopping in Brussels. Return your hire car to the airport, check in and fly back to your airport of origin. Arrival and end of trip.
Our prices include return flight tickets and all the supplement taxes such as airpot taxes, fuel surcharge and credit card processing fees.
This is a great option but we do have more. Look for an alternative by clicking on the accommodation.