Cycling along Costa Brava
By bike: Get to know the rural side of Costa Brava
- Travel light: bicycle hire included in the trip price!
- All-levels cycling route, an average of 35 Km. cycling every day.
- Wonderful natural landscapes but also nights in Barcelona and Girona.
- Travel comfy: everyday luggage transfer from hotel to hotel while cycling.
- Zero CO2 emissions: intercity travel by train, regional travel by bike.
- 7 nits en l'allotjament seleccionat
- Vols anada i tornada (taxes incloses)
- Return train tickets from Barcelona to Girona High Speed return train tickets from Barcelona to Girona
- Cycling along Costa Brava Our package includes: + Baggage transfer from one hotel to the other during bike route. + Bike rental and delivery of a detailed road book, maps and general tourist information.
- One way transfer Arrival transfer from Barcelona Airport to Hotel.
- Do not miss Girona's Cathedral, featuring world's largest single nave.
- Stroll around narrow streets of the former bustling Jewish quarter, best preserved of its kind in Europe.
- Bring a good camera. Costa Brava landscapes are spectacular.
- Costa Brava has some of the best restaurants in the world, but most modest ones taste also great!
- The climate in Empordà changes quickly. Bring some water and wind protections along!
Dia 1Flight to Barcelona.
Check-in at your local airport at least 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight to Barcelona. Upon arrival transfer included to your selected hotel in Barcelona. Spend the rest of the day enjoying the hustle and bustle of the Catalan capital. Overnight in Barcelona.
You will have the full day to visit Barcelona. The city offers an endless range of possibilities. No matter what you have in mind, this city will always surprise you and give you just what you’re looking for. Make the most of your experience. Walk along Las Ramblas or visit some of the most famous markets in the city such as La Boqueria. Do not miss Gaudí's masterpieces such as Sagrada Familia or Güell Park. FC Barcelona´s Camp Nou is the city most visited place, where you can join the “Camp Nou Experience”. Walk along the old harbour from the Columbus Monument to the Barceloneta neighbourhood. Traditional pleasure boats such as “Las Golondrinas” depart from there. All in all you will spend 2 nights in Barcelona.
Morning departure by train to Girona (ca. one hour train ride). This city is the departure and final point of the cycling itinerary along the Costa Brava. Upon arrival to Girona you will certainly fall in love with this city, easily one of Europe's most charming small town. The capital of the Costa Brava region is a great place to stroll, shop, eat and drink. The most impressive building in the city is the Cathedral. Mixing different styles and periods (XI to XVIII centuries) it stands out as the largest Gothic nave in the world. The city is also proud of its well-preserved medieval Jewish Quarter, the old “Call” a great place to get lost wandering around cobbled streets. You cannot miss a visit to the XII century “Arabic baths”, inspired by old roman baths they are probably best preserved in the world. We also recommend a walk along the walls to have a nice view of the city. Do not forget to cross the Onyar River bridges to enjoy the views of the famous colored houses, the most iconic image of the city. Night in Girona.
Dia 4Girona-Sant Feliu (45 km Cycling).
Early morning bicycle collection in our office in central Girona. You will start cycling the famous “Via Verda” an old railway track that will take you from the city to Sant Feliu, by the Mediterranean Sea, in central Costa Brava. The path is car-free and almost flat, though crossing beautiful landscapes. Sant Feliu de Guíxols is a famous fishing port with excellent gastronomy. Highlights are the Benedictine Monastery and the cozy Sant Pol beach. We will transfer your luggage from Girona to your hotel in Sant Feliu. Overnight in Sant Feliu.
Dia 5Sant Feliu-Calella (30 / 47 km Cycling).
Today you will cycle north towards Palamós fishing town. After a few kilometers you will pass “Platja de Castell” the most beautiful beach in Costa Brava, still without constructions. Between Palamós and Palafrugell you will cycle the picturesque “Small Train Way”, but you will have also the option to choose a longer route through the mountains (additional 17 km ). Once in Calella de Palafrugell you will enjoy one of Costa Brava's most charming villages. We will transfer your luggage from Sant Feliu to your hotel in Calella. Overnight in Calella de Palafrugell.
Dia 6Calella-Pals-Torroella (37 km Cycling).
Continue cycling northwards along the Costa Brava. You will enjoy amazing landscapes of wetlands, rice plantations and beautiful sandy beaches. The village of Pals has an amazing medieval atmosphere and is a must visit place. Today's cycling itinerary ends at the foot of Montgrí, a mountain range bathed by the Mediterranean waters. We will transfer your luggage from Calella to your hotel in Torroella. Overnight in Torroella de Montgrí.
Dia 7Torroella-Flaçà (28 Km.)-Girona.
Today you will follow the Ter river until reaching the train station in Flaçà. The cycling itinerary will allow you to enjoy beautiful small villages with stone houses while crisscrossing through woods and fields. From Flaçà train station you can ride a local train to Girona (15 minutes). Once in Girona you can drop-off the rental bicycles, and enjoy your last evening in the country. We will transfer your luggage from Torroella to your hotel in Girona. Overnight in Girona.
Dia 8Girona – Barcelona- Sants Train Station (by train).
Train departure from Girona to Barcelona Airport (change trains at Barcelona-Sants station). Check-in and departure of your flight destination your local airport. Arrival and end of our services.
Els nostres preus inclouen vols d'anada i tornada, taxes d'aeroport, suplements de carburant i despeses per pagar amb targeta de crèdit.
Aquesta és una bona opció però en tenim més. Per veure altres opcions clica sota i desplega'n més.